Saturday, October 3, 2015

a Lang Leav Compilation

I found you when i reached the seven sea.
Just as i had stopped looking.
It seems a lifetime ago that i began searching for you.
A lifetime of pain and sorrow, of disappointment and missed opportunities.
All the things i had hoped for, all the things i can never get back.
When i am with you.
i want for nothing. 
Then I feel the end is drawing near, would time be so kind to slow?
You are everything to me my dear.
You are all i really know
But as i sit and wait and fear and watch the hours go
i saw a dream long lost to me in search of another's waking.
As my heart was breaking and i sighed and wept for what could not be and for all that could have been.
For all the time I’ve known you, to the present now our past.
i know never to forget you.
Though a regret still pains my heart.
Had i known i would not have left you alone beneath those stars on the night when i last saw you not knowing it was the last.
i still search for you
in the crowds,
in empty fields,
and soaring clouds.
In city lights and passing cars,
on winding roads
and wishing stars.
Yet it is you that i havent learned to live without,
And i still love you anyhow.
The day you left i went through all my old journals,
frantically looking for the first mention of you.
Searching for any details i can no longer recall.
The memory of you is fading, a little at a time.
i can feel myself forgetting. But i dont wanna forget.
My eyes were the first to forget,
the face i once cradled between my hands now a blur.
And your voice is slowly drifting from my memory.
Like a fading Polaroid.
Years from now I will be asking myself my love are you well?
Past the sea and the swell out in the world where the danger is fraught.
Here are the things i want for you,
i want you to be happy.
i want someone else to know the warmth of your smile.
To feel the way i did when i was in your presence.
i want you to know how happy you once made me feel.
Yes i love you,
i swear it on every single grain of salt in the ocean - on all of my tears.
i did not take you with me,
but you were never left behind.


No comments:

Post a Comment